What can I say about me. I am a geek and husband to the most amazing ex-wife a man could find and father of nine beautiful kidlets. And typically I am happy… and always thankful! I truly live a blessed life.
I currently volunteer more than I work many weeks of the year…
- I put in my 20 hours or so a week for Scouts Canada,
- help in any way I can with Sunday school and events at our church,
- help run a few computer user groups in Alberta and Saskatchewan,
- take a week off every year to pour my life into one of the world’s largest children’s festivals,
- I teach software for Dakemi,
- I teach the Hug A Tree & Survive and the Survive Outside programs for AdventureSmart,
- search for anyone or anything through our local Search and Rescue group.
I am one of the lucky guys who loves his career but loves his wife and kidlets enough to want to run home every day… what more could I want out of life? Fine, a $40 million lottery win would be kinda cool too I suppose.
I only have four kidlets left at home now and for the first time in my life I have more kids who have escaped than still living at home. By the end of 2020 I will be a grandfather if all goes well and then my life will change again.
Please read my first blog post here so that you understand a little of where my head is. That way, when you get lost reading other posts I can blame you for moving forward after being warned.
I suppose I should let you know that it is my wife’s hope that I actually make money off this blog at some point so if you click on an ad or link from somewhere in here there is a chance that I might make a few cents… we will cross our fingers just in case eh?
My wife has all but given up on me making money off this blog but she is very excited that I started writing a non-fiction book in 2019. It should be published in November 2020 if all goes according to plan.